Breaking News
Cape Central High School Newspaper

The Tiger

Cape Central High School Newspaper

The Tiger

Cape Central High School Newspaper

The Tiger

Horror and Thriller Movies 2023

As the leaves change, the fall atmosphere becomes perfect for spooky and woeful movies as Halloween approaches. With the month of tricks and treats now here, many spooky movies shriek and scrabble their way into the spotlight. Screams of terror and excitement fill the air as much as these movies will satisfy the immense desire for horror in the theaters.

One new movie is Five Nights at Freddy’s which is making a terrifying scene in the FNAF franchise. FNAF is a franchise that has embedded itself deep into the hearts of young horror lovers, and now has a movie with famous youtubers making small cameos. The already beloved movie will be released October 27th. Fans are ecstatic about the new movie, with certain scenes bringing more frighteningly new views on the franchise. 

“The Exorcist: Believer” was released October 6th.  This terrifying movie is about a 12-year-old girl possessed by a demonic entity. Fearful and feeling powerless, her mother must seek two priests to save her beloved daughter’s life. The Exorcist series is a well known series that has clawed its horrible way into horror-lovers hearts and minds. 

The Nun II” is a movie that’s been crawling its way into the media. It is ranked 5.9 on IMDB. The movie takes place in France, where a priest is killed and a mysterious evil is running rampant. Sister Irine is once again required to face Valak, the demon nun. In the movie we seemingly get the story of Valak, who was once an angel. Will you uncover her secrets?

The Jester is a new movie about a mysterious being known as The Jester. As he wreaks havoc through a small town, a pair of sisters must find a way to defeat the being. It’s no laughing matter as The Jester strikes terror throughout the town. The movie was released on October 3rd. 

“Pet Sematary: Bloodlines” is a Stephen King movie that was released on Paramount + on October 6th. The hair-raising movie was announced at Fantastic Fest on September 23rd. The movie is based off of Jud Crandall having to fight an evil that’s had a grasp on the town Ludlow. This prequel takes place in 1969 in Jud’s hometown, Ludlow, Maine. 

With spooky season here, many of these movies will catch the frightening eye of many people across the country. The release of these new movies will start the scary vibes surrounding Halloween.