The Tiger

Stranger Things Season 3: It’s Finally Here!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hannah Hansen, Journalist

It’s finally here! The much anticipated third season of our favorite Netflix Original; Stranger Things. After leaving all of their avid fans on a cliffhanger at the end of Season 2, the Duffer Brothers confirmed the release date for Season 3: July 4, 2019.

The cast and crew finished filming in November 2018, with only the editing process and the long wait for fans left. When asked, Netflix’s vice president of original programming, Cindy Holland, said the upcoming season would “be worth the wait.”

“They[The Duffer Brothers and Shawn Levy] want to deliver something bigger and better than last year. I think it’s going to be a fantastic season. It will be worth the wait.”
That statement sounds promising as it has been confirmed there will be at least three new major characters coming to Hawkins, Indiana alongside the returning characters. Some new faces include the middle-age mayor of Hawkins, a morally compromised news reporter, and a sweet elderly lady in the neighborhood. There may be more interesting new characters so be sure to keep your eyes peeled!

Two lesser characters from Season Two have been rumored to have more screen time in Season 3. First, there is Lucas’ sister Erica, who was not supposed to be in Season 2 as much as she was but, she just stuck. Second, Eleven’s “sister” Kali, also known as 008.

Even though we have all these new things to look forward to in this new season, there are still plenty of unanswered questions.

First, what is the Upside Down exactly? We thought we had it all figured out in Season One but, Season Two opened a whole new can of worms. We can’t imagine what other questions we will get about the place after Season 3.

Second, are Nancy and Steve really over? It seems like the couple is over for good and Nancy’s affections are directed towards Jonathan. However, Steve obviously still cares for Nancy but has no clue about her getting down and dirty with Jonathan.

Third, what will happen between Officer Hopper and Joyce Byers? At the end of Season 2 they seemed closer than ever, and possibly in a romantic way. With the death of Bob, Joyce needs a strong shoulder to cry on and Hopper knows all too well the trauma she has been through.

Next, are there any other numbered children with powers? We know of 8 and 11 but what happened to 1 through 6 as well as 9 and 10?

Last but not least, will they bring Barb back? We know they had a funeral for her, and she was pronounced dead, but we can’t seem to let go of our favorite redhead.

There are plenty more unanswered questions and a plethora of fan theories, but we’ll leave those to your imagination. 🙂

The Duffer Brothers also confirmed Season 4 and hinted at a Season 5.